Tuesday, November 1, 2011

東芝科学館見学会


[日時] 11月1日(火)13:30~15:30
[場所] 東芝科学館 [参加者] 37名 ゲスト8名(ミャンマー1名、ドイツ1名、モンゴル1名、イギリス1名、ニュージーランド1名、中国3名)、会員28名、前会員1名

☆国際交流を図ることができました
 日本語支援グループの日本の先端技術を紹介するイベントとして、今年から川崎のガイドが始まることもあり、東芝科学館の見学会を開催した。見学日を土・日曜日は混むので平日に設定したこともあり、外国人の参加者が少なかったのが心残りであったが、皆さんに日本の電気関係の技術を過去から近未来まで紹介することができ、また見学を通して国際交流を図ることができた。

☆技術の進歩を目の当りにして
 副館長の挨拶、ビデオによる企業紹介の後、英、中、日語の3班に分かれて見学。創業者作製の様々なからくり人形、今も時を刻んでいる万年時計、1890年代の竹フィラメントの炭素電球、数々の初期の電化製品、現在も受信可能な1920年代のラジオなど、驚きと懐かしさ、開発した技術者たちの熱意を強く感じた。最先端の技術として、SCiB(急速充電池)搭載の2輪ロボット、デジタルかがみの実演、世界最速のエレベータ技術(台北101、東京スカイツリー)、現在走行実験中のリニアモーターカーの原理、超電導の実験など、わずか120年間の技術の進歩を目の当たりにした時、放射能汚染、地球温暖化などに怯えて暮らしている現在の状況もきっと何か解決策が見つかるのではと思った。

見学会にK会員の紹介で参加されたD夫妻の感想です。
Dear K san
On behalf of F and myself, I would like to thank you and all the friendly people at KSGG for arranging a lovely and interesting afternoon out at the Toshiba Museum.

It was great to be able to chat with all the members about their different travels and experiences. Whilst I knew a little of the history of Toshiba, it was most interesting to learn more about the breadth of their product and technology lines. They are clearly an innovation focused Company who are at the cutting edge of new developments. One thing that I did not know was how early the relationship between Toshiba and GE formed and also that the basis of this great company is founded on a relationship with Thomas Edison only 1 year after he first made the light bulb. The rate of progress and change has been astronomical and it appears that this will only continue or accelerate into the future. It is going to be exciting to see what Toshiba rolls out next.

I will complete this message written on my Toshiba computer by saying once again, thank you for your invitation and including us in your day out.

Our very best wishes to all the members of KSGG, G. and F. D.